Salsa Chicken
Ingredients:
3-4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1-2 jars chunky salsa
1 package taco seasoning
Spray your crockpot. Toss everything in and cook on low for 6-7 hours. I usually shred the chicken. Serve with a dollop of low fat sour cream ( I use LF because I hate fat free sour cream!)
Chipotle-style Basmati Rice:
Ingredients:
1 tsp oil (I use olive, although the recipe calls for vegetable)
2 tsp fresh cilantro (I keep the frozen cubes from Trader Joe's in my freezer, because I usually forget to buy the cilantro)
2/3 C white basmati rice
1 C water
1/2 tsp salt
1 lime
In a 2 quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Add rice and lime juice; stir for one minute. Add water and sald, bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover and turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed. Add cillantro, fluff and serve.





No comments:
Post a Comment