Sunday, January 18, 2009

Matt's 21st Birthday Cake!

My baby brother Matthew turned 21 today. I volunteered my services to my mom to make his birthday cake. It gave me a chance to practice some things for my Wilton II class, including rosettes and the stupid shell border that I can not get the hang of. I also seem to be having an easier time with my frosting consistency.

Here is the entire beer mug cake:

Here is what the inside looked like before I put the second layer on top. I cheated and just used two boxes of regular yellow cake mix, but I did a filling of vanilla pudding between the two 9x13 layers. The pudding kept the cake super moist and yummy!

Here is a close-up (kind of) my rosettes at the top (of the foam, if you will):

And the stupid shell border at the bottom. It wasn't terrible, but I need practice:

1 comment:

mamitasalsita said...

that looks awesome! it sounds like a fun class to take and it's definitely useful. :-)