Monday, November 24, 2008

Wilton Course I, Lesson 4

Tonight was our final Wilton, Course I class. We had to bring in another cake, frosted. I changed things up a bit by using almond extract and 8 inch pans. It came out the flattest of any cake I have made. I also was REALLY happy with my icing consistency and thought the colors were cool.

After practicing sweet peas, leaves, and roses in class, I left with a final product!

Front and top of the cake:

A view of the back; I thought it would look kinda cool if I draped some of the leaves. And you can see how my one rose got damaged in the transfer to the actual cake:

A close-up of my roses; my frosting was a SMIDGE too soft and I placed them too far apart, hence the overwhelming amount of leaves. Hey, at least I got to practice, right?

1 comment:

Melissa823 said...

I think you did an awesome job! And I like the leaves!