Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What to do with a day off?

Clean and bake of course!

We are going to Mom and Dad's tomorrow for Thanksgiving, and to my in-laws later for dessert (then back to Mom and Dad's to get my cousin for Black Friday shopping!). Mom usually does most of the dinner herself and since she is not that big of a baker, my aunt and I usually bring dessert. My aunt is bringing the pumpkin pie and Oreo cheesecake (two of my favorites). This year I am making an autumn apple pie (courtesy of Katie at Good Things Catered) and a Giada DeLaurentiis recipe for a Chocolate Amaretti Cake.

I was all prepared to sleep in until noon, but got up with the hubby left for work this morning. I began to tackle the disaster that was trying to pass as a bedroom and our mess of a closet. There is not much I can do with the closet, as all of our Christmas gifts are in there, but the rest of it looks pretty decent now. At least the cedar chest is no longer in the middle of the floor! Finally got in the shower and now have to get ready and head to the grocery store, then home to assemble the pie crust to chill and get the chocolate amaretti cake into the oven.

Later we are heading to Sara and Aaron's for a small pre-Thanksgiving gathering since we have friends in from out of town, then home to crash!

No comments: