Wednesday was spent at the grocery store and baking, cleaning and organizing. I went through the Christmas gifts I already purchased to see how I was doing. I finally went through and cleaned our bedroom, which always gets neglected. It becomes the catch-all place for things that have no spot to go in our apartment. I often just shove stuff in our closet when we are having guests over, which I am trying to not do any more. That night C and I went to a friend's house to visit with everyone before heading home. I did not put my apple/cranberry pie into the oven until 1:30 AM because...well...that is when we got home and it was ready to go in.
Thanksgiving morning was spent on the couch, watching the Macy's parade and napping. We went to my parent's house for dinner and played a rousing game of Cranium. My team won (with hubby and sister-in-law Heidi) and totally kicked the butts of my brother and cousins. Went to my in-laws for dessert and I brought an Andes mint cream pie that I bought from Market Day. Normally I would have baked, but my mother-in-law's favorite candy is Andes mints. Went back to my parents' and picked up my 14 year-old cousin who was spending the night to go shopping with me on Friday.
2:30 AM rolled around quickly. We picked up my mom and headed to Kohl's. I did not have to get much, but Maranda and I love to go shopping just for the hell of it. We love watching the crazies fight for the best deals and with one another and she is a sport about being left with the cart and babysitting our things. She has come to terms with it and laughs it off. We hit Kohl's then Old Navy, where I ditched my mom so I could do shopping for her, then went to Starbucks until Target opened. Got a few things at Target and finished up my mother-in-law's gift with the pie plates she wanted, then met my brother at the mall, where I finished up Jamie, my oldest stepdaughter. We got a lot done and it was not too insane. Hubby met us for breakfast and by that time, I was so tired I wanted to cry. Came home and napped the afternoon away.
I have much to be thankful for this year. I am a newlywed and find myself more in love with my husband with each passing day. I have two amazing daughters who have taught me so much about myself and what it means to be a strong woman and mother. I love then with my whole heart, even if they are not mine by blood. My family is healthy and happy. What more could a girl ask for?





No comments:
Post a Comment