Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wilton Course I, Lesson 2
Monday was my second class of Wilton Course I. Here is a picture of all of my supplies:
I am sure I spent way more money than I was supposed to, but I know I will use the tips and supplies for a very long time to come. I bought some extra colors and will probably buy more. I enjoy having options. That night's class was all about using the different tips and we started working on creating the Wilton Rose. I was finally getting the hang of opening up the petals by the end of the class. Our final product was a cake with buttercream frosting and a rainbow. I was bringing it to school the next, so being totally lame, I wrote I Love Books on it for the English Department. I made a basic white cake and tinted the frosting blue. Rach and I split the colors of the rainbow, and we still had a ton left over. Here is a shot of what it was supposed to look like and what mine looked like. I was pretty proud of the end result and everyone at school on Tuesday said it was delish! Next week we move on to the stupid clown cake...I hate clowns. With a passion.

I am really enjoying taking the class and am already looking forward to Course II at the end of December. It gives me a little time to myself and to hang out with Rach. Until that time, I signed up for a gingerbread house class on one Saturday, and I am hoping to take the girls. I think we would have a great time together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
the cake looks nice n delicious....=)
what a fun class!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heidi :)
www.heidzillas.com
I took the Wilton Class 1 last year...it was fun but made me realize cake decorating isn't my thing. :) My friend went ALL the way and can now make gorgeous fondant cakes! She made my shower cake and it was so cute!
Post a Comment