Our utility tub is awful. But honestly, I have looked at it and how well it is secured to the wall and it is just not worth the trouble to remove it (especially now that we think we have a link in our bathroom. Awesomesauce).
Anyway, I keep a bucket, trash can (overflowing at this point...awesome). and the extra cat little usually under the tub and I wanted a way to disguise it. I googled around for some ideas and pieced together a way to create a skirt for the utility tub.
First, I bought some clearance brown and blue vine-y fabric from JoAnn's on Friday, I bought 3 yards, knowing I was going to create a front and only one side, because the second side butts up to the washer and I didn't feel it necessary to cover it. Oh, and I bought all the fabric they had :)
Second, I measured the sides and added on one inch per hem so I could fold it over. And for this project, I decided to use hem tape and NOT bust out my mom's ancient sewing machine.
So, I cut 3 panels, the front, the side and one for the corner to give it some room and so we could easily access what is stored under it.
Then, I folded over the hems, allowing approximately one-inch per hem fold.
Accuracy is overrate.
After ironing all the hems, I did a quick stitch to hold the corner panel to the two large panels.
I lined the top of the tub with adhesive velcro and secured the panels.
I am so excited about how it looks!! What a difference!!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
So cute I love the fabric print
What a difference some fabric can make! i would love for you to come share at my link party!
amy@homehappyhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment