Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Preparing for Easter Dinner: The Menu

I am so excited that we are hosting Easter dinner once again!  Last time we hosted was in 2010.  We did not have Easter last spring because we had just hosted Logan's very large baptism at our house.

And OF COURSE our small bathroom is out of commission because we have a leak which pushed our renovation project WAY up.  So we are in the process of tearing everything out of the bathroom and chances are it won't be back in working order by then.

Since I am going to be busy with rehearsals for the next two weeks, I am getting a jump on planning our meal and desserts, as well as finding inspiration for table settings and decor from Pinterest.  I feel like Easter can be a DO ANYTHING meal, and I find it hard to plan a good menu, but here is what I have in progress:

Appetizers:
Nutella Dip with strawberries
Veggie tray
Cheese tray

Main Dishes:
Baked Ham
Eggplant Parm

Side Dishes:

Potato Salad
Spring Salad with strawberries and goat cheese
Some other veggie side dish..roasted asparagus?


Desserts:
Pioneer Woman's Carrot Cake
Coconut Icebox Cake
Pretzel Hugs

Are you hosting Easter dinner?  What are your meal traditions?  I am always looking for suggestions!


1 comment:

m @ random musings said...

Easter has always been a potluck affair for my family. Now that I live several states away, I just join the potluck at church.


Your menu looks fabulous (carrot cake, nomnom). Can't wait to hear how it turns out!