Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Planning for the Weekend!

We have SO MUCH going on this weekend and I have a ton to do, so I am getting started on my schedule for the weekend (which includes a LOT of baking). Friday we have our annual "Thanksgiving" dinner with friends and I am in charge of dessert and cranberry sauce. I will be making this recipe for pumpkin roll as well as another dessert that has yet to be decided on. I wanted to make sugar cookie cutouts using my new Wilton turkey cookie cutter, but it has not arrived from my Ebay seller yet. I sent her an email asking where it is because the tracking number has not been updated yet. I also have to bake J's cake for her birthday on Saturday, which is the Twilight themed party I have been so excited about. I am still not 100% sure what to do for the cake; she has requested funfetti and she prefers my buttercream, so I have to come up with the perfect design. Here are some ideas I have saved from other sites (and forgot to bookmark where they are from, so if they are yours, PLEASE let me know!)


I will post a more detailed to-do list, but here is my general plan:

Wednesday:
-Paint closet door in office so it can be rehung
-Clean office
-Make pumpkin roll
-Bake harvest bread for work and neighbors
-Prepare sugar cookie dough to refrigerate overnight

Thursday:
-Bake sugar cookies and ice after cooling
-Bake second dessert for Thanksgiving dinner
-Clean bedrooms and bathrooms
-Wash floor in kitchen
-Clean bar in family room and move serving trays to cabinets under bar

There is much more to come, including a recipe for cranberry orange sauce and the menu for J's parties this weekend!

No comments: