Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Faux Thanksgiving Update!

Whew! Now that I have successfully created my very first care package to send to Idaho and have recovered from what was almost a baking disaster (12 tbsp of butter is NOT THREE WHOLE STICKS. I have NO IDEA what I was doing), I can refocus on our Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday.

Today I ran to Bed, Bath and Beyond to pick up a tablecloth and some new napkins to go with brown chargers I already had. I am not 100% sold on the color, but it will work. I plan on doing something like this for the centerpiece but on a smaller and cheaper scale (hopefully):

Tomorrow we have conferences for Jamie and I am putting dinner together in the crock pot tonight so it is ready to go for tomorrow. I have obviously had to revamp the timeline a little to accomodate other household events (hey, it happens), but our gathering is casual, so I am refusing to stress out. I am going to do some cleaning tomorrow after conferences and then put together my Thanksgiving banner and place cards, as well as make the cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes.

How are YOUR Thanksgiving plans going? Are you sticking to your timeline, or are you struggling (like I am this week!)? We have all been there, but remember to stay calm and everything will work out!

1 comment:

Melissa823 said...

I don't even know where we're GOING for Thanksgiving this year!