Taters. Cheese. Lasagna. 'Nuff said. And no, this is not Weight Watchers-friendly.
*If you are unfamiliar with pierogi, they are these delicious filled dumplings, normally with potatoes and cheese, but also with saurkraut, ricotta, or different fruits. I have known people outside of the Cleveland area who have never had one. They have no idea what they are missing out on!
Pierogi Lasagna
Ingredients
12 lasagna noodles
Butter or vegetable oil (I used 6 tbsp of butter)
3/4-1 C onions (I chopped up two)
6 cups mashed potatoes (I used an instant mashed potato to save time)
2 C shredded cheddar
Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350
-Boil lasagna noodles, drain, and set aside
-Sautee onions in butter (save 1/2 C after sauteed for top)
-Add cheese and sauteed onions (be sure to save some for the top!) to taters
-In a greased 9x13 pan, layer 3 lasagna noodles, then add dollops of tater filling and spread over noodles. Continue layering until you have 4 layers of noodles and 3 layers of potato filling.
-Drizzle rest of butter/onion on top.
-Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve with a side of sour cream





1 comment:
that sounds so good
Post a Comment