Monday, November 12, 2012

Winter CSA Week 1

Week 1 of our Winter CSA! Pardon the terrible IPhone picture:
I am so glad that we took the plunge and also signed up for the winter share. I finally feel like I have control of it now and it will give me a chance to practice before our next summer share. I have a feeling I will be freezing quite a bit!

This week included:

  • 1 whole pasture raised chicken (we are going to do Beer Butt Chicken and I will make more stock)
  • 2 spaghetti squash
  • 1/2 gallon apple cider
  • Quarter peck winesap apples
  • 1 handful sweet peppers (will slice and freeze for recipes)
  • 1 bunch turnip greens
  • 1 bunch kale (plan is to blanch and freeze for soup)
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 1 dozen eggs (making a frittata with the eggs and turnip greens)
  • 1 bunch beets and tops (I am going to give this recipe a try this weekend)
  • 1 stalk brussels sprouts 
  • 1/2 bag stir fry mix
I am really going to try and document how we use it throughout the week and do a recap on the weekends when I post our new bag contents!  Fingers crossed!

No comments: