Sunday, November 4, 2012

CSA Week 22: Final Summer Share


Well, it is Week 22 and the final week of our first Summer Share CSA with Fresh Fork Market.  

This week's bag:
  • 1# ground beef
  • 1# ground pork
  • Turnips
  • 1 bag salad mix lettuce
  • 1 bunch carrots
  • 1 head jumbo bok choy
  • 1 head broccoli
I have a TON of stuff leftover from last week as well, so I will be scrambling to get some things frozen this week.  I am going to try a recipe from our weekly CSA newsletter called Velvet Chicken with Bok Choy, as well as use the pork and beef to make a meatloaf.  We have leftover potatoes I can use to make some garlic mashed potatoes as a side and some greens I am sure we have floating around.  I am still stumped with the ginormous rutabega from last week and I did not like the turnips last time, so I am going to try again.

Looking forward to our first Winter Share CSA starting this week, as it will be primarily protein driven, which is good because we are backed up with produce!  It has been a true pleasure working with the folks at Fresh Fork and I really look forward to continuing the CSA in the future!

No comments: