Thursday, August 11, 2011

Planning My Thirty-One Open House

In order to get my name out there and to build up my inventory, I decided to have a Thirty-One open house.  I sent invitations to pretty much every female I know and my fingers are crossed that people actually SHOW UP on Sunday!  Here are some details about the event:
  • I decided to go with a Sunday because most people have SOME time available on Sundays: after church, before parties or picnics, etc.
  • I chose a 3-hour chunk of time, 1-4 PM, for people to stop in.
  • I will NOT be doing a presentation of the product; I will be available to answer questions and talk about the product, but since it will be a fluid party with people in and out, I do not want to do 5 presentations in three hours!
  • Food..there will be food!
And since it is ALWAYS about the food, here is what I plan on serving:
  • Veggies and dip
  • Fruit and cream cheese dip
  • Cheese and crackers
  • Homemade beer bread with bacon dip
  • Taco dip
  • Some sort of dessert
  • Assorted beverages (water, soda, wine)
I am trying to keep it simple and I want to have everything prepped on Friday and Saturday.  I will be setting up my display on Sunday morning so that the cats don't get into it!  Since we did a major cleaning last weekend for Chuck's birthday, I am doing upkeep this week and will just do the bathrooms and a quick clean of the rooms and kitchen and we will be set!  I can't wait to share the results with you next week!  Stay tuned!


    1 comment:

    Jen J. said...

    I'd never heard of Thirty One until I just read this blog post - must not be as big in Northern VA? Anyways, I absolutely love the stuff! Let me knwo if you'd ever be interested in doing a giveaway or product review on my blog - I'd love to feature your stuff & help you get your name out there more!