Saturday, January 29, 2011

Organizing Paperwork



I am participating in both OrgJunkie's 52 Weeks of Organizing and IHeart Organizing's Monthly Challenges. This month's challenge was PAPERWORK so that is what I decided to do for my 52 Week entry.

I suck at paperwork. I have piles ALL over the house. Seriously. It is ridiculous.

First I went through all my piles of papers and separated them:

This is our TO SHRED pile. Yikes.
This system is a work in progress. But I set things up in to file folders in a file box:
And this sits on our counter. It has my binder with my grocery list (courtesy of OrgJunkie!), a file labeled TO PAY, one TO FILE and one for the girls' papers for school. I can easily stash it in a cabinet when we have guests over. It also has my coupon book and my receipt holder (using Jen's labels!) . I can sit down every weekend and go through it all, pay bills and file away papers.
On our fridge I have a calendar and everything is color-coded for the family. I am purple, C is orange (Go Browns), J is pink, A is lime green, and Logan is blue.
I purchased a new coupon holder and got everything together. Must have coffee to do this on Sunday mornings. I cut out the coupons and make my menu and grocery list for two weeks. I end up picking up a few things each week (produce, milk, lunch meat) but I HATE grocery shopping every week.


I am really making an effort to track our spending this month and cut back on purchases. Thanks Jen for leading the charge on this!

7 comments:

Kristina @ A Home Made by Kiki said...

Wow! Great job! My desk is definitely my problem area....so much paper comes in to our house on a daily basis. I'm your newest follower and would love if you would check out my blog too, A Home Made by Kiki!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

It looks like you're doing a great job of being organized. I love the calendar on your fridge, where were you able to find it?

Organize with Sandy said...

That looks awesome! Paper is such a tough one. I found you from I'm an Organizing Junkie.
I'd love for you to stop by my Organizing Mission Monday link party. I'm working on offices this month (but any organizing post is fine)
But everyone needs help with paperwork... so I hope you'll stop by so my readers can see what you did.
http://www.organizewithsandy.com

Dipty said...

Awesome job. I love the calendar on your fridge. Where did you get it from?

OrganizingMadeFun said...

You are a busy girl getting yourself organized! This is really great - I LOVE Jen's labels, too. They are so colorful and cute! You are doing a great job...I noticed you are on Weight Watchers! I did that a couple of years ago, too! Keep it up!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
Organizing Made Fun

. said...

Your system is great!! It's motivated to get my stuff in order too!! :)

IHeart Organizing said...

You did an INCREDIBLE job on this project! I am so excited for you tackling those piles, and all of your printed out labels really get my heart racing!

It really looks like you have a lot of great systems in place to keep the project going throughout the year! Major props to you!

Sending you virtual high fives for taking on this project, and many thanks for sharing your story and linking up!

xoxo,
Jen