Sunday, January 30, 2011

Adventures at Babysitter's

Mama went back to work a week and a half ago.

I agree, kiddo. It is kinda yucky. But overall, it has been going well.

This is Logan on his way to the sitter's house for the first time:

Bundled up at 6:30 AM and ready to go!
I get up at 5 AM. Sometimes Logan is ready to eat, other times he would rather sleep a little longer. So I either A)feed him or B)get myself ready and wake him up at 6 AM to eat. Whichever case, we are packed and out the door by 6:40 AM.

I have found the key is to be prepared and pack the night before. This include the diaper bag, my lunch and my book bag. I put everything either in the car or the by the back door (except my lunch, obviously) and it is ready to go. I also bought a can of formula, diapers and bottles for my sitter to keep so I don't have to worry about packing them and making them.

We get home from work and usually he is asleep, so I take him right to his room to nap and most of the time he will sleep for an hour or so. During this time, I get dinner prepped, wash bottles, eat a snack, relax for a bit. Logan eats again at 5ish, and for some reason, becomes super crank-tastic between 6 and 7 PM. Around 7:30 PM, we start his bedtime routine with a bottle at 9 PM and then in bed right after.


Things are working out well and C and I have a great system worked out with nighttime feedings. Little Man is still getting up once and so far, C has been the one to take it because it takes me FOREVER to go back to sleep. I think being in a routine is good for all of us, including the little guy! And I spend all day waiting to come home and get some snuggles in!

No comments: