Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thoughts on Costco

OK, Followers and Readers.   I need your help.  

Tell me the benefits of Cotsco.  What do you buy in bulk?  Is your membership worth it?

We are a family of four and go through lots of toilet paper, paper towels, personal items (shampoo, conditioner, etc).  I am a baker and go through lots of flour, sugar, etc.  I cook every night (almost) and we use lots of chicken and fresh produce.

Tell me the benefits and downfalls because I am thinking about getting a membership at our new location (one finally close to our house!).  Thanks for helping a sista out!

3 comments:

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

My husband and I absolutely LOVE Costco. Even though it's only the two of us, we stock up on chicken, cereal, oatmeal, pork, trash bags, ziploc bags, etc. We'd love to buy more of their fresh produce, but since there's so much of it we aren't able to eat it in time before it goes bad. Costco also has lots of products that you won't find in the regular grocery stores like different kinds of dips, snacks, and freezer ready meals. AND, as an extra bonus, everytime we've gone there are free samples of their food all over the store. :) Great way to get your hubby to go with you! So yes, I think it's definitely worth paying the membership. Hope this helps!

Mrs. Classic said...

Costco is great but the best lately for saving money has been using thegrocerygame.com. It researches the coupons in the newspaper to use them when the item is on sale. Between this and staples at Costco we save a ton of money.

Jennifer said...

We have a membership to Sam's Club (through Dh's family) and use it to buy those paper products that are necessary for daily life. I also use it to buy snacks, juice, boxed/canned goods for the daycare I own (in our home.) This past Sunday DH and I went to SC and spent $200+ on various items, but they will last for about a month. If I were to buy those items at the grocery store, I would spend the same and get 1/2 the use out of them. You can save money using memberships there, but you have to be careful...just because it's in bulk doesn't mean it's cheaper. Plus, it's easy to overspend on things you don't need. Make a list and stick to it...if it's not on there, you don't need it! LOL I'd go for it, good luck!