Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Big Bedding Debate


C and I can't seem to agree on bedding.  Our current master bedroom is painted the same beige as the rest of the hallway/living room and is blah.  Our comforter is a set I bought two years ago from Kohl's that I can't seem to find anything to do with (as in paint color, wall art, etc).  I am really in to green right now, and have been trying to find a comforter that incorporates the color and that C will like.  I really like the Abigail bedding from Crate and Barrel but my husband has a loathing for paisley.  

I continued scouring websites looking for SOMETHING and found the Laughlin duvet cover from Nautica!  C and I agreed; success!

I continued to stare at it, envisioning it in our room, with the walls painted the wonderful celery.  The set looked vaguely familiar.  Uh oh.  Who has this coveted new duvet set?  Then, with a quick search on Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I realized...my brother and sister-in-law.  

SIL laughed when I told her and said to go for it.  Unfortunately, the more I think about it, the more I realize that we would then have the same bedroom.  

Now, I do not know what to do.  C and I finally agree on a freaking bedding set...and of course it is unavailable.  Or is it?  I mean...we live on total opposite sides of town.  No one would really KNOW as no one really goes into our master BR (except us).  So...what to do, what to do..

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Get it! Who cares if you have the same bedding set. I'm sure your rooms will look totally different once you decorate! LOL!
PS this bedding set was on my wedding registry...we got 1/2 of the items (and 1/2 of the other set that we had on there, weird) so ended up taking it back. Very cute.

Ashlee said...

i love it! this set came out right after we got ours, which is really similar (tribecca pattern) and my husband wants to get this one and replace it! if you love it, you should get it. who cares if anyone else has it, besides you, who really goes in your bedroom anyway??

mrs.messi said...

I love that - I might get it, too! We are desperate for a new bedding set!

Holly said...

very cute set!

Melissa823 said...

Oh for goodness sake! GET THE BEDDING!!!