The first half of this week have kind of escaped from me! We have been busy with mini-projects around the house (C built my pantry!) and I have been wrapping and trying to pick up some last minute odds and ends for Christmas, considering we are celebrating with my side of the family on Sunday!Normally I have my menu planned and ready to go way in advance, but we changed the time from a 2 PM dinner to a noon brunch, so our menu has changed a bit! Here is a link to last year's Christmas brunch menu
This year, we plan on making:
- Sliced ham with rolls (for sandwiches)
- Apple and potato gratin
- Fruit salad
- Winter green salad
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Assorted biscotti and whatever Christmas cookies I have made by Sunday
- Bacon cheddar pinwheels
- And a type of scone I have yet to decide on.
Next: the cleaning list! Luckily, we are still pretty much in-tact because we did a huge cleaning last week before the cookie exchange. Here is what needs to be done between now and Sunday morning:
- Both bathrooms (Saturday, with a quick wipedown on Sunday after showers)
- Dust and vacuum family room, living room, dining room (Saturday)
- Kitchen floors mopped and swept (Saturday)
- Dust and vacuum master bedroom, hallway, stairs (Saturday)
- Dust and vacuum girls' room (Saturday)
- Set table (Saturday, after my new table gets here!)
- Make centerpiece (Saturday)
Whew! That is quite a lot to try and get done in a few days!! Good thing I have six extra hands!!





No comments:
Post a Comment