Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Odds 'n Ends

I haven't been good about posting lately, but I finally feel like I have a *bit* more time, so I am going to play catch-up with a list of random tidbits
  • I made the best cookies ever last week.  Seriously.
  • I hate our master bedroom.  And because of that, I don't try that hard to keep it clean.  I leave laundry everywhere and just don't give it the time and effort that I do to the rest of the house.  So this summer,  I am setting a budget for myself and seeing what I can do with it for a redecorating project.  And really, it is a blank slate.  Beige walls, crappy comforter...nothing exciting at all.  Boring, as a matter of fact.  I am looking forward to it.
  • Logan.  Oh Logan.  This kid is in the terrible twos full-force.  He tests me constantly and we are having some behavioral issues at school (although the last week was much better).  So I think on spring break we will be moving him to his "big boy" bed and room.  I am not going to redecorate just yet.  Holding off until the fall for that, when we will transition him from a toddler bed to a full-size bed.
  • My English II Honors class is going really well.  I am pretty much teaching the shit out of it. I am super bored with Huck Finn so I can't wait to move on to something else.
  • Went back to the gym and feel great!
  • Our five year wedding anniversary was last weekend and I can't believe it has been that long already.
  • One of our first projects for the nice weather is to finally build the girls' lofts.  We ran out of time (and money) in the fall, so it was put off.   Once we get the small bathroom done and it warms up, I am seriously hoping to get them finished.
  • My pantry needs an overhaul.  That is my spring break project, along with more deep cleaning of the house.  I already did Logan's, so I feel slightly ahead of the game.
I really wish I had more to say...I guess my life is fairly boring.  I am too busy shuttling the girls to all of their after-school activities :)

No comments: