I was so overwhelmed at the end of the day, and definitely had an "OH SHIT" moment. I think afterwards it finally dawned on me that this baby is almost here. Holy crap. The next day, I did three loads of laundry and put the clothes away. I am still searching for the perfect organizational strategy for the room and clothing. I need to make better use of the closet, but until our Christmas bins are out of there, it is a little difficult.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Baby Shower
On Sunday, October 24 (33 weeks!), my amazing mom hosted a baby shower for me. It was held at a local Italian restaurant and the food was a-mazing. The menu was served buffet style and we had chicken parmigiana, rigatoni with marinara sauce, and green beans almondine. For dessert, we had spumoni along with this beautiful cake, made by a woman who make fantastic cakes out of her home. It was created to match my invitations:
Centerpieces were provided by the restaurant and for favors, my mom just had chocolate suckers with blue baby feet made:
We are so blessed to have such generous family and friends shower Baby Boy with plenty of gifts:
We received all of the big items off of our registry and enough gift cards to purchase what was left:
During the shower, the Cleveland Browns were playing the NO Saints. And unbelievably, we won. Here is C watching the score on my phone and his:
My mom wanted a "guest book" so she purchased this Winnie the Pooh book and my dad created this sign. All the guests signed the inside cover:
The diaper cake my friend made:
Alexys, me, C, and Jamie. The girls were a huge help and looked beautiful:
My mother-in-law, me and my mama:
When we got home, we unpacked and sorted through the clothing. Here I am in the nursery with my mom, aunt, cousin and the girls. It was chaos!

I was so overwhelmed at the end of the day, and definitely had an "OH SHIT" moment. I think afterwards it finally dawned on me that this baby is almost here. Holy crap. The next day, I did three loads of laundry and put the clothes away. I am still searching for the perfect organizational strategy for the room and clothing. I need to make better use of the closet, but until our Christmas bins are out of there, it is a little difficult.
I was so overwhelmed at the end of the day, and definitely had an "OH SHIT" moment. I think afterwards it finally dawned on me that this baby is almost here. Holy crap. The next day, I did three loads of laundry and put the clothes away. I am still searching for the perfect organizational strategy for the room and clothing. I need to make better use of the closet, but until our Christmas bins are out of there, it is a little difficult.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Aw! These are fabulous! Love the pictures! So fun! You look gorgeous.
You look great. I love the idea of the guestbook on the inside cover of a book.
Post a Comment