Monday, August 16, 2010

Zucchini Bread

A few years ago, I was working hallway duty during 1st period and one of the cafeteria workers brought me a piece of zucchini bread. It was the moistest, most delicious zucchini bread I had ever had and I begged her for the recipe. She brought it to me the next day and this has been my go-to recipe ever since! And I NEVER peel the zucchinis because I love seeing the little green flecks throughout the bread.
Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves

Ingredients
3 C flour
3 eggs
2 C sugar
1 C oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 C grated zucchini (pared if desired, which I never do. I like the green flecks in the bread)
1 C chopped nuts (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 C sour cream

Directions
1. Grease and flour two 9x5 loaf pans. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Sift flour into large bowl. Beat eggs and add with rest of ingredients to flour in bowl. Mix well making sure all the zucchini and flour is mixed into the batter.
3. Scrape bowl often and keep mixing for several minutes. Pour into greased pans and bake in oven for 1 hour. If toothpick comes out clean, bread is done. If not, check every 5 minutes until done.
4. Let cool in pans on wire racks and store in plastic wrap. Freezes well.

No comments: