We will not have a new fruit every week anymore, but ever month now! This month (weeks 22-24), baby is the size of a papaya! Measurements are now taken from head to toe.

Baby boy can now hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. I have started to read to him very often; this week, it is
The Wizard of Oz. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. He is most active early in the morning or when I am most relaxed. But I think the heat may be making him lethargic as well, because I feel like total crap.
I am a few days late with my belly shot, but here I am at 22.2 weeks:

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday. Heartbeat was nice and strong and Dr. P. said the ultrasound looked great. She also told me that I was a few pounds under where she likes to see patients by now, but I was in the ballpark so that was ok.
How far along: 22 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: 8 pounds
Maternity clothes: Some, but with summer clothes, it is easier to wear stretchy non-maternity skirts and tanks
Stretch marks?: Not yet
Sleep: What is this thing you call sleep?
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat again on Monday.
Movement: Lots of it, early int he morning and at night. And while I am sitting down eating.
Food cravings: Ice cream. Lots of ice cream
Gender: Boy!
What I miss: Miller Chills on the patio around a bonfire
Milestones: 2 weeks til V-Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment