Thursday, May 27, 2010

Most Amazing Sound. Ever.

Two weeks ago, I went to my first pregnancy appointment at my doctor's. She did all the standard tests and then attempted (at 9 weeks, 5 days) to listen to the heartbeat via doppler. Dr. P. insisted that there was only a 50% chance of hearing anything this early on, and not to stress out if we couldn't hear it right away. Unfortunately, we were not able to find it at the appointment. She said it was also due to the fact that I am chubby because there is more skin and flab to go through (ok, she put it much nicer than that). Dr. P. instructed me to come back in two weeks to try again.

So, today (at 11 weeks, 4 days), I went back to Dr. P., and guess what?


She was able to find it pretty much immediately. I was ecstatic! Unfortunately, C was not there to hear it, since he had to work, and I was literally there for only 10 minutes, most of which was spent waiting. It was a beautiful sound and I immediately teared up and began thanking God. Every pregnant woman has that worry of the doctor being unable to find the heartbeat, so I was so grateful to hear that wonderful sound!

I go back for my standard check-up in two weeks (which is 4 weeks from my last appointment). And we scheduled our ultrasound for JULY 12! I can't wait to find out the sex of the bean!

2 comments:

Jen J. said...

Congrats!! We just heard our LO's h/b too @ 16w! We had several u/s before that, so we had seen the h/b, but never heard it. It is an awesome moment to hear it though! Stop by over @ http://worldofdennifer.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

That's sad you aren't having an ultrasound sooner! I thought most doctors did one at twelve weeks. I couldn't imagine waiting that long!