Reese's Peanut Butter Cake
as inspired by Amber's Delectable Delights
Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake
2 C sugar
1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
3/4 C Hershey's Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 C milk
1/2 C vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C boiling water
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 9-inch round baking pans
-Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl
-Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes
-Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin)
-Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean
-Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks
Peanut Butter Frosting:
from Ina Garten
**I doubled the recipe and made 2 batches, which was MORE than enough
1 C confectioner's sugar
1 C creamy peanut butter
5 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/3 C heavy cream
Place the confectioner's sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
In between cake layers, I chopped up some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and put that on top of a thin layer of frosting before decorating.
Seriously...even though I did not get a piece, I was drooling as I was making it.
And please do not judge me for my styrofoam plate...bad for the environment and all, but we had a crapton of people over and I was not about to do dishes for 100 people. Sorry.





No comments:
Post a Comment