Tuesday, July 29, 2008

RIP Uncle Kenny

I remember the day Aunt Dezi and Uncle Kenny moved home from California, with their big moving truck and their car hitched to the back. It was Anthony's birthday while we were still living on Tuxedo and they pulled in. I was maybe...6? They lived with us for awhile, and Uncle Kenny would always sing when he got out of the shower. "I feel good!"

It was so sad to say goodbye when they moved away when I was in college. They went to Idaho with my cousin and her daughter to be ner Uncle Kenny's family. I missed Aunt Dezi's loud laugh and spending time with them. We have only seen them once since they moved away, and that was Dad's 50th birthday party. They suprised us by showing up at Dad's surprise party.

Since then, his health has greatly deteriorated and they were not able to come to my wedding. He has been in and out of the hospital for several months now.

I had class this morning and then went to work out. As I left the Rec, I checked my phone to find a message from mom, telling me it was important. When I called her back, she informed me that Uncle Kenny had passed away.

I think I am flying with my parents for the funeral. We are leaving on Friday and coming back Tuesday or Wednesday. It's a very sad day.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm so sorry for you loss!!! My prayers will be with you and your family.