Transfered home, and lived with my parents for my junior year and half my senior year.
In November of my senior year, I moved to Berea with Sara and Jen and we lived there for a year.
I moved back home for about 8 months and then moved into my own apartment. I lived there for less than two years and then moved in with C to another apartment. We moved again and we have now been in this apartment since last March (which means we have 8 months left on our lease).
Now...to reasons why I hate this place (and apartment living in general):
- The animal in the wall: A squirrel? A mouse? A feral cat? Who the hell knows. I just know that it makes an appearance in the spring and there were several nights I lost many hours of my precious sleep because of the fucking thing. I called numerous times. It will disappear then come back.
- The idiots upstairs. Constantly banging...like they are bowling in their kitchen. What the hell are you doing? Add to the baby constantly crying (yes, I know babies cry...but this is NOT normal) and the fact that we have had to call the cops on them...yeah, sucky ass neighbors.
- Oh, what about the people DOWNSTAIRS? All the sudden, the smoke outside all the time and it comes right into our bedroom?
- And of course the flooding...our entryway floods when it rains which then floods the entry of the lobby which soaks the carpet and stinks like must. Its been like this for two weeks now and stinks like shit.
- Plus the fact that we have nowhere to put anything
- And I want a baby but we have nowhere for a baby...we would have to put it in the closet and then I would have to give up shoe space...and I am not willing to do that.
Basically, I hate it here. We want to start shopping around for houses and have been casually looking. It is going to be hard finding a lower priced home in our city, but we don't want Jamie to switch districts again, so we have to stay around here. For first time home buyers, this is not a cheap place to buy. But we are keeping our eyes pealed for all houses, including HUD houses. We are in contact with a mortgage lender to see where we stand, but I am worried she is going to call back after our credit check and say, "You guys suck with money. Don't think about buying a house. Peace out."
I feel so inadequate because my brother and his fiance just moved into a house and he is three years younger than me. It is my stupid fault for being so irresponsible with money when I was in my early twenties. We have some savings now because of the wedding. C really wants to get a move on with the house hunting but I am so scared. We need new living room furniture and there is earnest money and closing costs, and we have some stuff saved. I feel like such a fool when it comes to money...I think I am going to reread my Suze Orman book.





No comments:
Post a Comment