Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pierogie Bake

One of my work friends, and fellow pierogi lover, sent me a text that said she had a new recipe for me and that it was "better than sex."

Well. I HAD to make it, didn't I?
Not the prettiest picture, but holy sweet mother of pearl, this was amazing. Make it. Tonight.

Pierogie Bake
Ingredients
1 package pierogies (I used the church lady pierogies and used 8. You can use Mrs. T's, but I find that a travesty to the pierogie)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
Jalapenos (optional and I used some of the chopped, canned variety)
Olive oil for sauteeing
4 oz cream cheese
1 /2 C FF chicken broth
2 C cheddar cheese
4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
Green onions, sliced
Sour cream for serving

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees
-Layer pierogies in a 9x13 baking dish
-In a nonstick skillet, heat olive oil. Saute garlic, onion and jalapeno until soft.
-Add cream cheese and chicken broth to skillet and stir until combined and heated through. Pour over pierogies (it will sink to the bottom of the dish). Cover with cheddar cheese and bake until cheese is melted.
-Sprinkle with bacon and green onion. Serve with sour cream.

Enjoy the giant pile of love.

Oh and I know, not the best picture. But trust me.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

this sounds so good! seriously putting on my menu for this weekend!