Friday, December 17, 2010

Life with Logan

Life sure can change in an instant.We arrived home from the hospital last Thursday, December 9. C was home on Friday and we had to take Logan to an early doctor's appointment with his pediatrician so they could check his bili number for jaundice and his weight. His number was up a bit so we had to go again on Tuesday.Our weekend was filled with visitors which really did not allow much time to think about anything besides keeping the house relatively straightened up and making sure my teeth were brushed. Logan has his days and nights mixed up and likes to be WIDE awake around 2 AM after his feeding. It is a killer, but we are working on TRYING to keep him up more during the day so he sleeps better at night.Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, my mom came and was with Logan and me during the day. Cleveland was SLAMMED with a snowstorm and bitter cold temperatures, so J and A had a snow day on Monday and Tuesday. Having Mom here allowed me to nap when I needed it and just gave me a break because, well, she really enjoys snuggling her new grandson.Yesterday was my first day on my own with the little guy and we fell into our routine naturally. C takes his 5 AM feeding and Logan is usually out like a light. This allows me to get a few extra hours because I take the 9 PM and 1 AM feedings, and it usually takes some effort to get the little one down for the night. We are attempting to get him into more of an evening routine, with a sponge bath/wipe down (until his cord falls off) and then jammies and bottle and try to put him right down. I will let you know in a few weeks if we have any success.
I have had some baby blues, I am not going to lie. The evening seems to be the hardest for me. It is like darkness descends and I need to cry. LOTS. About nothing in particular. I have a "disaster complex" where the smallest thing becomes a HUGE deal in my mind and I go immediately to the worst possible outcome. I think it is the fact that I am an anxious person to begin with, coupled with being a new mom and WHAM, tears. Plus, C has been working insane hours and we hardly see one another. My parents are coming over tomorrow to watch Logan so we can go to dinner and finish up Christmas shopping which will be great.
Overall, I love being home with my little man. He is a fantastic snuggler and is too adorable for words. I am feeling a little stir-crazy, but I guess that is what I get for having a December baby!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

he is so precious

M said...

my baby is about to turn 1. i had the baby blues too for about 2.5 weeks. i felt like it would never end! i am a naturally anxious person too, which doesn't help (there are a million things to worry about!) It will end, though.

he is a cute little guy!! congrats!

Karen At Home Blog said...

He is so cute Gia, congratulations! I am sorry to hear about the baby blues, I had them too and they are so hard. I would panic that I would never have a good night sleep again. Literally panic. It was awful but it really does get better.

Karen

Shannon said...

Gia- I love him!