Monday: Beef stroganoff (6) served over egg noodles (4)
Tuesday: I am having dinner at grad school for an event we are having. C and J are having frozen pizza
Wednesday: Taco junk (3), served over lettuce for me and in tortillas for C and J
Thursday: Dijon pork chops (4), broccoli, some sort of side dish (3)
Friday: Pancakes and hashbrowns (movie night with the kids!)
Saturday: Valentine's Dinner with my hubby and the kids. I am making homemade pasta with a salad and garlic knots. I am also going to make some sort of yummy cake for us and plan on using our fancy china and everything.
For more menu ideas, check out OrgJunkie's blog and join in!





3 comments:
Everything on your menu sounds good. And I'd love to see the pics of your cake. Sounds yummy!
I love how you plan out your weekly menu. Everything sounds great. I have been browsing through your blog and I love it.
hey Gia. The chicken piccate is a family recipe adapted from Better homes and Garden years ago! This will be my first time making it! The peppermint heart cookies are usually "candy cane cookies" from christmas, but instead of making them in the shape of a candy cane, i'm going to "attempt" to make them in little hearts. I might just end up doing small balls! haha
Here are the recipes. Let me know if you try them!
Candy Cane Cookies
Mix together-
1/2C. shortening
1/2 C. soft butter
1C. powdered sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. Almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla
Sift together in a separate bowl, then mix with above mixture
2 1/2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Divide dough in half, and add red food coloring in one. Take small amount from each dough and form into ball and place on cookie sheet (this is where you can attempt to make them into hearts; for candy canes. roll small amount from each dough into snake, then twist the two doughs together and form candy cane). Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 375 for 9 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 C. Crushed peppermint and 1/2C. sugar while still warm. May need to push down onto cookie so it stays!
Lemon Chicken Piccate
4-5 chicken breasts pounded very thin (I like boneless skineless halves; 6)
bread crumbs
1 egg
In skillet on medium heat, melt butter. Dip breast in beaten egg, then pat in bread crumbs to coat. Put in skillet (don't crowd) and brown. Add butter as necessary. Brown all breasts, then remove.
Add about 3/4 cup lemon juice, lemon pepper and salt. Taste and see if the blend of seasoning is good. You can add more of anything. When you like it, add the breasts back to the skillet with the sauce and simmer about 20 minutes. Serve with rice for chicken and top with left over lemon sauce.
Post a Comment