Saturday, June 8, 2013

CSA Summer Share Week 1

This summer, we opted to upgrade from the small share to the large for our CSA with Fresh Fork Market and I am so excited that I can't even describe it, lol.  Here is this week's contents:
  • 1 whole pasture-raised chicken (will be roasting on the grill then making stock)
  • 1 head broccoli
  • 1 head leaf lettuce (washed and torn for sandwiches this week)
  • 1 bunch red Russian kale (making this kale and artichoke frittata one night)
  • 1 quart strawberries (making these strawberry shortcakes) (I bought an extra)
  • 1 lb black turtle beans (going to make some sweet potato and black bean burritos for my lunches) (Since I had several pounds of dried beans already, I gave a pound to a friend from school)
  • 1 dozen pasture raised eggs (for the frittata!)  (I bought an extra)
  • 1 lb ramp linguine from Ohio City Pasta
  • 1/3 lb pea tendrils
  • 1 package Italian sausage
  • 1 bunch spinach
  • Asparagus
  • I also bought bacon and roasted red peppers for the pasta


No comments: