This week's bag:
- 1 package Berkshire pork chops (putting them in the freezer for now)
- 2 pint frozen green beans (will make when we have a quick dinner within the next two weeks)
- 1 half-pint sorghum syrup (absolutely no clue)
- 1.5 lbs rolled oats (I was out, so this is perfect timing!)
- 3 lbs turnips (OMG we are in turnip overload and I don't know how to use them)
- 1 quart Velvet View yogurt (perfect for baking!)
- 1 half pint fire-roasted cherry tomatoes (probably will make a pasta dish next week)
- 1 quart frozen strawberries (we actually didn't get these because they miscounted)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 lb Ohio City pasta (I think we have pumpkin)
- 1 quart frozen cauliflower
- 1 lb carrots
I used the carrots for dinner on Saturday night, along with our Yukon potatoes and the frozen peas. The peas tasted REALLY weird, so I don't know what happened. My friend Melissa suggested maybe they were picked late, because they were HUGE. Hers tasted fine, ours were crunchy and had a funky taste. I am hoping the other frozen veggies are okay. We will find out this week when I make them! Excited to have the pumpkin pasta again because it is SO good with a cream sauce with bacon and shallots. The chops will go into the freezer because it was the last meal I ate before the stomach flu and NOT sure when I will be able to eat them again!
Overall, a GREAT bag (minus the turnips). As each week passes, I get more and more excited about the summer!






No comments:
Post a Comment