Monday, September 24, 2012

A Day in My Life: Monday

5:00 AM: Alarm goes off. Mother f-er, I hate Mondays. Snooze til 5:10. In to shower. I have to get up at the ass-crack of dawn in order to get my time in the bathroom. Coffee, now.  I take it into the shower with me, and stand under the water as I pray that I wake up.

5:40: Dressed, hair done, ready to go.

5:45: Switch over laundry from last night. Make sure Logan's blanket and stuff for day care is ready to go. His Pillow Pet died in the washer last night so we are going to need to get a new pillow. RIP Brutus the Buckeye (O-H-I-O)

5:50-6:15: I drink my coffee, check FB and watch the news and become increasingly more annoyed with newscasters on our local channels.  Seriously.  WHY DO THEY SUCK SO BAD?  I miss Mark Nolan :(

6:30: Get Logan up and dressed. He has had a terrible cough and is not sleeping well.  For the last few days he has been getting up at least once, crying.  Poor little dude.

6:50: Off to day care.

Mom, seriously?  Do not take my picture before 7 AM and expect me to cooperate.
7:10-7:30: arrive at work and realize I forgot my school bag (with all my stuff) at home.  Awesomesauce. Check my email, more coffee....WAIT!  I forgot my creamer at home.  F.  Not good.  Make sure my learning targets are up and I write the daily agenda on the front board.  I need to print up some current pictures for my bulletin board.  BTW, high school teachers don't do bulletin boards.  This is my sad attempt:

Weekly assignments, bell schedule, etc.  I have to fix the side...this is an excellent reminder to do so.
What's up, old school chalkboard?  White boards are on their way soon to my room :)
7:35-8 AM: Morning meeting.  This is a new daily thing.  Today we discussed how much we hate teaching "The Seafarer" and what will happen if we just pretend we taught it.  No one will really know, right?

8:10-2:50 PM: I teach, grade, etc.

3:20: Get home to get my gym stuff.  Alexys took my headphones without asking and I am not a happy camper.

3:45: Arrive at gym.  There seem to be lots of youngins here today and they are hogging my weight machines.  I am going to kill someone.

I tried to sneak a picture.  I was nervous.  There are signs posted everywhere that say NO CELL PHONES.  I am a rebel.
4:40: Get Logan and head home. He eats a snack and watches some TV and plays.

5:00: Start prepping dinner (Laughing Cow Fettuccini Alfredo with red pepper pasta and broccoli, roasted asparagus)

5:30: Dinner time!  Then we play until it is time to take Logan to bed.
Ohio City Pasta.  You are amazeballs.

7:30 PM: Logan is in bed.  I clean up the kitchen and prep my delay brew and my lunch for the next day.
Um, I love seasonal mugs.  A cup of coffee for the morning and my to-go cup.
10:30 PM: Head to bed. Much later than I want to. See you in the morning!

No comments: