-pea tendrils
- Kohlrabi
-1 bunch radishes
-Green leaf lettuce
-Kale
-Collard greens
-Garlic scapes
-Whole free-range chicken
-Pint of strawberries
(I bought an extra pint of berries)
The berries were huge and delicious. Logan couldn't wait to eat one!
I macerated the berries and we had strawberry shortcake, as well as just snacked on them. We used the lettuce for BLTs and to go on other sandwiches throughout the week. To use the kale, I wanted to make a yummy pasta dish, so we browned some hot turkey sausage with oil and garlic and added some sun-dried tomatoes. Then I blanched the kale and added it to the sausage mixture, then added whole wheat pasta and some Romano cheese. SO YUMMY.For the pea tendrils, I sauteed some in olive oil with the garlic scapes and served them with an Egg Beater and cheese omlette. I was surprised at how much I liked the pea tendrils! Served with Frank's Red Hot of course :)
I roasted the radishes with some olive oil, salt and pepper and topped them with a browned butter/lemon juice mixture...they were okay. Some of the radishes tasted really bitter. I topped them with some of the radish greens. I would not be opposed to trying them again.
We still have our collards and kohlrabi left, along with some green leaf lettuce. Oh, and our chicken! I am making a huge salad to take to my mom's tomorrow, so I will be using some of it then.
Here is the content of our Week 2 bag!
- 2 lb organic black turtle beans (using for black bean burritos and will be freezing the rest)
- 1 bag corn chips
- 1 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 1 head jumbo white stem bok choy (going to make a stir fry with the peas, bok choy, and green onions)
- 3 red slicing tomatoes (using this and the cilantro for a fresh salsa)
- Snap peas
- Extras: This week I bought a bag of shelled peas because they are Logan's favorites.






No comments:
Post a Comment