Monday, January 2, 2012

Pantry Challenge Goals

Jessica at  Good Cheap Eats (and Life as Mom) is hosting a pantry challenge for the month of January.  She also does once a month freezer cooking, which I am going to give a whirl next month.  She posted her goals of her Pantry Challenge here, and since we are going to try to eat from the pantry this month as well, I wanted to post my goals.

1.  Lower our grocery budget.  C and I are working on being more financially aware this year and are tracking our spending.  I have gotten into a terrible habit of spending money too much on groceries and letting things go to waste because they are not used in a timely manner.  My goal is to spend $75 a week on FOOD as opposed to $150.

2.  Clear out the pantry and cabinets for a new organization project.  Because, trust me folks, it NEEDS to happen.

3.  Lead a healthier lifestyle.  This includes not spending money on fast food and buying lunches out (or at school).

I am linking up at Good Cheap Eats!

2 comments:

FishMama said...

Your goals sound very doable. I need to work on the "waste less" also.

Jenny said...

I've done the pantry challene with Jessica for 3 years and it really will help you save money and use up what's in your pantry. Good luck.