Chicken Gyros
as seen on Beantown Baker, adapted from Elly Says Opa!
Ingredients
1.25 lbs. chicken pieces
4 cloves garlic, smashed
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 heaping Tbsp. plain yogurt
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper
tzatziki (I am still working on my recipe so won't post what I used until it is perfect)
sliced tomatoes
sliced onions
pitas
(I added lettuce. Because I wanted to)
Directions
1. Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, yogurt, and oregano in a bowl. Add the chicken and rub the marinade in. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
2. Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, yogurt, and oregano in a bowl. Add the chicken and rub the marinade in. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
3. Warm your pitas and add chicken, tomatoes, onions and tzatziki (and lettuce in my case). Roll up and prepare to make a mess.





3 comments:
Oooh, I was hoping you'd post this!
What kind of pitas do you get? They look so soft!
Tara: They are from Aladdin's. The BEST (besides probably homemade, lol). Heat them up before you serve them and it makes them more pliable.
Post a Comment